Friday, January 29, 2010

The Trouble With Germs

Tanners 2nd grade class put on an Opera today. First Opera I have been to. His class has been working on this for the past month. Here is what the program said.

The Trouble with Germs
The story begins as Jungle animals
and Vampires discover they can be friends.
They also realize that they must keep their
homes clean and begin to work together
to clean up.
There are germs lurking nearby, they are not
friendly and quickly make a plan to
contaminate the Vampires and Animals homes!
This Opera is a product of Mrs. Anderson's
Second Grade Class. They worked hard,
created the script, made up the melodies,
worked on their own costumes and
painted their set.


Man I wish I could up load from our camcorder, because it was really kind of cute. Cheezey but cute! Here are a few pictures though that I took. They didn't turn out to well because I forgot to put the flash on, so I had to lighten them up which always makes the quality bad.

p.s. Tanner was a Germ 

The first pictures are of the germs ♫ singing  ♫ saying "we are not your friends" and the second picture is the germs running around spreading germs while the vampires and jungle animals are cleaning, but not very good!



Now the germs are ♪ singing ♪ about how soon the animals and vampires will  be getting sick.  Then the Animals and vampires start singing ♫ about how they don't feel so well!









The Animals and Vampires realize they need to wash away the germs so they gather around the germs to clean them all up.

 
◄ Notice Tanners "germy" shirt is now clean.  The Animals, Vampires and Germs are all now singing  ♫♪♫ about being friends.




The whole program lasted about 20 mins and it was really cute and creative.  I have one of the songs stuck in my head.






The last two pictures are of the props Tanner helped paint.











3 comments:

  1. I know that you can upload a video from your camera. But you'll have to ask Aunt Bec how cause I don't know. She does it all the time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how to do it from my digital camera, but not from our camcorder :) Our digital camera only records for a few mins so we never use it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jungle animals and vampires---that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete