Monday, February 15, 2010

Lost Pictures



For many years we have had one computer after another stop working on us for various reasons. Every time I would just die because, like an idiot, I never backed up any of our photos. So from late 2004 to Aug 2007 I had lost most - if not all - of our family photos. :( A few weeks ago we came across this computer gadget that takes your old hard drive and connects it to your current computer. We bought it in hopes that, out of the 3 hard drives we had, at least 1 would work. Our wish came true! Not just one but 2 of them worked! So here is a "movie" of just some of the hundreds of pictures we recovered. (See, we aren't such bad parents after all.) We are still missing most of our pictures from late 2006 to about June of 2007. Hopefully one day we will be able to recover those photos. I am just SOOOOOO happy that we got back so many. I cry every time I see all the photos we got back. Don't worry..... I have backed them up about 20 times now :) I am not losing these again!
(the quality of the pictures aren't the best in the movie)

From Movies

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! And such cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that it awesome! I would be heart-broken if we lost all of our pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Little ones! And the song was perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now I'm going to blog-stalk you. :) That's awesome that you were able to recover most of those pictures!! If we were to lose ours from the past years we probably wouldn't miss out on too much, but I'd hate to think if we lose pictures from the next few years when kids will be in them. I guess I'll learn from your experience and be sure to keep back-ups.

    ReplyDelete