Friday, February 26, 2010

HELP with Spencer sleeping. PLEASE!

We need HELP!!!  Darin and I are both SOOO tired of Spencer waking up at night.  Usually he is only up for a few mins- 1/2 hour, but 2-4 times a night!  It is  just killing both of us.  We have tried so many different methods, from rocking him back to sleep, letting him cry in intervals, letting him cry period with out us going in (which strangely enough seems to work the best, BUT I feel guilty with him crying for so long with no comfort!), feeding him before he goes to sleep, feeding him when he wakes up in the middle of the night, letting him sleep with us (which he hates!) etc.....  

Are there any other ways?  Any advice or anything you have tried...  HELP

5 comments:

  1. You mean besides knocking him out with an ether-soaked rag? Hmm. Unfortunately, I was one of those babies that woke up every hour or two. Maybe my mom would have a good tip or two. Hopefully you come up with something, because then you can tell me when karma comes around and bites me in the butt someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea Brandon, but I don't think the police officer who comes to take me away would agree! hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my sister in law would feed her children a bottle of milk mixed with the rice cereal so that their bellies got full and they would sleep thru the night. I think I tried it once but by that time Talon started sleeping thru the night. I let Talon cry and it made me cry because I was sad for him and I couldn't stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately Elisabeth, crying it out is about the only way! It will take a few nights, BUT it WILL happen! Darbilyn took 2 nights, Garrett took 3 nights, Bethany.....well she was Bethany =) and now we have to wake up 2 times a night now because of going potty! =/,Jaxon took almost a week! Are you touching him when you've gone in at intervals? Because books say that's a no no! Leave the light off, and go up to his crib and talk to him or sing to him quietly and let him know you're still there and that's it! IT'S HEART WRENCHING but it does work and since he's supposed to be mine, it should work! =) Don't give up! I know you're stubborn enough....are you mean enough? ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just remembered with Garrett I had to sit in the rocking chair glider that was in his room. I didn't talk to him, I didn't look at him, I just sat and rocked and he would lay down and eventually fall asleep. But that was annoying to me that I had to sit in his room. It did get better obviously. He also liked to hold a "silky" for comfort. Maybe Spencer needs an added comfort in his crib....something soft to hold...a favorite blanket or stuffed animal to snuggle....I don't know.

    ReplyDelete